- The cultivation and promotion of the science of Angiosperm taxonomy in all its aspects;
- To provide a common forum for Angiospermtaxonomists in India for purposeful exchange of ideas;
- To organize meetings and hold discussions periodically on scientific and academic matters;
- To encourage collaborative work among Indian taxonomists;
- To provide a link between Indian Angiosperm taxonomists and their counterparts abroad;
- To secure and manage funds and endowments for the promotion of the science of Angiosperm taxonomy;
- To publish journals; proceedings, transactions and such other works as may be considered desirable;
- To do and perform all other acts, matters and things that may assist in the fulfillment of the above mentioned objectives of the Association
- The benefit of the Association shall be open to all irrespective of the Caste, Religion, Sex etc.
- To take up charitable activities like Scholarship / Fellowship to poor Students / Research Scholars
Membership of the Association shall be open to all those who are interested in Angiosperm Taxonomy. There shall be the following four categories of Memberships:
- Honorary Member*
- Life Member
- Ordinary Member
- Student Member.
*(Honorary Members shall be eminent Angiosperm Taxonomists whose technical co-operation would promote the interests of the Association, and nominated by the Executive Council, provided total number of such Honorary Members shall not exceed FIVE at any given time).
The subscriptions for the various categories of memberships are as under:
- Patron: Rs. 25,000/- in India or US $ 7000/- or equivalent for other countries.
- Honorary Member: No subscription.
- Life Member: Rs. 8,000/- in India or US $ 500/- or equivalent for other countries, to be paid within one calendar year.
- Ordinary Member: Rs.1,000/- in India or US $ 50/- or equivalent in other countries per year. Subscription for Ordinary membership shall fall due on 1st January of that year.
- Student member: Rs. 500/-
Journal and other publications
The Association will publish a research journal-Rheedea containing research papers, reviews and other articles of general interest pertaining to any aspect of Angiosperm taxonomy. Excepting invited articles, contributions to the journal shall be restricted to members of the Association only. Members (except the Student Members) Institutions/Organizations can subscribe to the journal with a payment of Rs. 3000/- in India or US $ 500/- or equivalent in other countries per year. Life Subscription (for 15 years) can be made by payment of Rs. 25,000/- and US $ 500/- by Indian and Foreign Institutions respectively.
The Association may also take up the publication of proceedings, transactions and such other works, for the fulfillment of the objectives of the Association.